|Per 30s||Per Track||Short Form Production <10 Min||Per Production|
Online production rates cover, but are not limited to:
- Audio visual content (amatuer or professional) made for broadcast on video sharing websites.
- Films or series that are made available online
- Any online production available for retail sale through streaming or download service providers.
Online production rates do not cover:
- Corporate videos
- Branded content.
Performing Right Online Licence (PROL)
If you are hosting your production on your own website you will also require a Performing Right Online Licence from PRS for Music (not required if hosted on youtube as they have their own Performing Rights licence).
|Use||Media||Unit Allowance Per Annum||Cost Per Unit Allowance|
|Music||On demand||< 45,000 streams||£62+ VAT|
|Website Background Music||< 120,000 streams|
|Permanent Download||< 5,000 downloads|
|Ringtone||< 1,000 downloads|
|General Entertainment||On Demand||< 3,200 music hours|
|Permanent Download||< 250 music hours|
|Get a PROL Download and complete an application form from prsformusic.com/prsonline and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org|
- Online performing rights cover the communication of a musical work to the public.
- You will need a PROL as well as a mechanical/sync licenece if you are hosting content with music on your own website.
- A PROL is valid for 12 months. Licences need to provide a report of the musical works that have been used.